#50: Dr. Jonathan Robinson – Lessons on happiness and seeking meaning in lifeAug 03, 2020
In today’s episode, we’re going to delve deeper into some of my favorite topics, which are happiness and meaning. We often ask ourselves what can we actually do that will make us happy? Or how to find meaning in life? I am so glad to have one of the most knowledgeable experts on this subject, Dr. Jonathan Robinson to be my guest for my 50th episode and shed some light on how we perceive happiness and the meaning of life. Jonathan was extremely generous and shared a lot of his personal favorite techniques and practices for finding meaning in life and ultimate happiness.
Jonathan Robinson is a psychotherapist, best-selling author of twelve books, and a professional speaker from Northern California. He has reached over 250 million people around the world with his practical methods, and his work has been translated into 47 languages. Articles about Jonathan have appeared in USA TODAY, Newsweek, and the Los Angeles Times, as well as dozens of other publications. In addition, Mr. Robinson has made numerous appearances on the Oprah show and CNN, as well as other national TV talk shows. He has spent over 35 years studying the most practical and powerful methods for personal and professional development.
He is one of the few blessed people that have interviewed such notable people as the late Mother Teresa, the Dalai Lama, Deepak Chopra, Scott Peck, and over 30 other well-known seekers, which are all included in Mr. Robinson’s first book, “The Experience of God”.
0:30 Introduction to Jonathan
1:45 Jonathan’s curiosity for psychotherapy and the unanswered questions
3:40 Knowing when we’re happy
7:05 Gratitude as the best routine for happiness
13:05 The sense of meaning
14:20 Dr. Robinson’s practice of volunteering at prisons
15:58 Approaches and Techniques for finding meaning in life
18:00 What is pure awareness
20:30 The “I am” awareness method
24:20 Not all methods might work for you
25:10 The Sedona method
28:30 Things that surprised Dr. Robinson in his current work
31:00 Being perceived as someone who’s too happy
33:05 Where to find out more about Dr. Robinson’s books and work
Connect with Dr. Jonathan Robinson
Dr. Jonathan Robinson’s books:
- Communication Miracles for Couples: Easy and Effective Tools to Create More Love and Less Conflict https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YHT59V2/
- Conversations With Dog: Adventures of a Four Legged Guru https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YBHVZTR/
- More Love Less Conflict https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YHSF54W/
- The Technology of Joy https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVF3NLR/
- Find Happiness Now https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YHSWP57/
- Real Wealth: A Spiritual Approach to Money and Work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KSL1HS
- Shortcuts to Bliss https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YHT53HM/
- The Little Book of Big Questions https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YHSWH82/
- Shortcuts to Success https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YHTM781/
- Pandemic Survival Guide https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088VRJSL2/
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Awakening Your Spirituality https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0028638263/
- Experience of God https://www.amazon.com/Experience-God-Jonathan-Robinson/dp/1561704695
Deepak Chopra https://www.deepakchopra.com/
Awareness Explorations Guided Meditations https://www.awarenessexplorers.com/meditations
Get access to news and updates!
Join the mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.