#38: Martin Bjerregaard: Life Lessons From a Successful Entrepreneur and How to Use Business as a Force For GoodSep 24, 2019
Listen to it on your favorite podcast provider:
I got to interview one of my personal inspirations :) Martin Bjerregaard is a big inspiration for me not only because he has been extremely successful in his professional life but more importantly because he is an amazing human being.
Martin is one of the strongest advocates in Denmark for changing the world with compassion by being present in the moment, kind, and loving. Something I believe we need to see more of and that I hope to be a small part of.
Martins impressive bio includes starting the company factory “Rainmaking” where he helped build more than 30 companies and accelerate over 700 companies all over the world. He mentors and assists founders, change-makers, and pioneers. Martin is also the author of Winning Without Losing; a best seller book, and also the author of How to Be a Leader; published by School of Life.
Martin shares some of his life lessons and how to use business as a force for good.
- Learn how Martin’s foundational childhood experience helped ignite his entrepreneurship fire. 2:49
- Two insightful lessons that Martin has learned about the correlation of Happiness and Success 4:38
- Martin discusses changing the world with compassion and detaching from the outcome. 7:22
- We discuss the concept of “giving it the best” 11:09
- Find out one of the main contributing factor that got Martin to where he is today 12:58
- Learn how Martin re-invests and aligns himself. 17:41
- Why Martin thinks planning is not paramount and what we need to do instead to achieve amazing results. 19:27
- The importance of a North Star and optimizing on what excites us. 21.28
- Humility as the better option 26.36
- Acknowledging our ego. 27.09
- Advice for start-up founders when they feel out of sync. 35:44
- Martin’s thoughts on healing organizations 41:34
- Martin advice on how to deal with worries. 43:12
- Martin explores impactful investment. 49:19
Final recommendations from Martin:
- Try to live a life without attachments
- We should be very aware of what kind of stories we internalize
Links to selected resources:
Connect with Martin Bjerregaard:
- Martin Website: http://www.martinbjergegaard.com/
- Martin LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinbjergegaard
- Winning Without Losing: https://www.amazon.com/Winning-Without-Losing-Your-Best-ebook/dp/B0795FKD4T/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Winning+Without+Losing%3A&qid=1583399188&s=books&sr=1-3
- How to Be a Leader: https://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Leader-School-Life/dp/1250078733
- The Healing Organization: https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Organization-Awakening-Conscience-Business-ebook/dp/B07KDZ2SGF
- Regenerative Leadership: https://www.amazon.com/Regenerative-Leadership-life-affirming-century-organizations/dp/1783241195
Get access to news and updates!
Join the mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.