#12: Dasha Maximov – How to recover from a heavy brain concussionDec 10, 2018
Listen to it on your favorite podcast provider:
Dasha Maximov is former M&A consultant turned biohacker after six concussions. She has started a female biohacker community and is the COO of the Health Optimization Summit. Dasha shares how she has gone to dozens specialists and tried several biohacks to now finally getting her health back. She ends up with some tips for female health and what test to get as a woman to improve your health. This show notes provide a lot of scientific resources to go deeper into the proof behind some of the aspects that are often met with skepticism.
0.45: How Dasha got into biohacking
2.30: Six brain concussions and how that changed Dashas life
6.30: What a concussion is
8.30: Brain health hacks
9.14: Flickering light and why it is not good for you
10.20: Some of the different specialist Dasha went to
11.10. Why Dasha changed her diet from being a vegetarian to eating a lot of fish
12.13: The fish that Dasha eat
14.30: Light, grounding, and non-native EMF
16.00: The importance of light
19.50: What grounding is and why it is good for you
23.00: Non-native EMF
24.48: How being electro hypersensitive is now recognized as a condition in the UK
26.00: Whether you should sleep with your phone next to you or not
28.03: How big of a difference does EMF really do?
30.02: Dasha's setup for the bedroom
34.30: How the regulation of mobile phones was made and why that is a problem
38.10: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
40.02: Starting a Female health community
41.20: Where to start when looking into female health
44.01: What test to get as a women
47.00: Health Optimization Summit
Final recommendations from Dasha:
- Start getting DHA
- Get the sunlight in the morning and block blue light
- Stop or eliminate Non-EMF
Links to selected resources:
Erica Mallery Blythe – Researcher on EMF. She was featured in the documentary, Resonance, Beings of Frequency: https://vimeo.com/54189727
– More info about Electrohypersensitivity
Reference on Grounding
– Metanalysis of Grounding from 2012: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
– Grounding and Mood: Improved Mood after grounding for >1 hour (2015 study): https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/06.PR0.116k21w5
– Analysis of Ion Flow between Human Body and the Local Ground (honor thesis explaining what grounding is; more informative rather than research, but interesting nonetheless): https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1015&context=honors
– Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons (2012 study): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
– Grounding improves vagal tone in preterm infants and improves resilience to stress in preterm infants (2018 study): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5542808/
Reference on Non-Native electric fields
There are loads of references I could send you, these are probably the top ones:
– Good, easy to read, and practical book about nnEMF from my friend Nick Pinaeault — The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs: https://amzn.to/2Dv20dq
– Wi-Fi – New meta-analysis paper by Prof. Martin Pall (2018) – The paper summarizes the various health effects found to be caused by WiFi. Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355?via%3Dihub
– Cancer from Cell Towers – Meta Analysis Paper- Yakymenko et al (2011) – a good summary of studies that show that wireless radiation from cell towers and radars has severe adverse effects. Long-Term Exposure to Microwave Radiation Provokes Cancer Growth: Evidence From Radars and Mobile Communication Systems: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21716201
– Reduced Sperm Count – Zilberlicht (2015) – Dozens of studies prove beyond a doubt that wireless radiation adversely affects the sperm. Habits of Cellphone Usage: https://www.rbmojournal.com/article/S1472-6483(15)00300-4/fulltext
– Oxidative Stress Mechanism – Meta Analysis Paper – Yakymenko (2015) – This study shows that 93/100 studies show that wireless radiation causes oxidative stress, a mechanism that can lead to cancer, non-cancer diseases and DNA damage. This study disproves the wireless industry’s misleading statements that there is no mechanism by which non-thermal levels of wireless radiation can affect the body. Oxidative Mechanisms of Biological Activity of Low-Intensity Radiofrequency Radiation: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/15368378.2015.1043557?journalCode=iebm20&
Video with a meter and phone next to it where it is turned on, turned off etc.
Here is a simple video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4XKNeOtzl4
Note, read page 139 of the Non Tinfoil book re: bluetooth devices… specifically footnote 422 – “In one case, EMF expert Michael Neuert reports having measured levels of RF radiation emitted by a Bluetooth earpiece which were 7 times higher than the levels emitted by a cell phone. Yikes.”
Links to Dasha:
Get access to news and updates!
Join the mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.