#3: Daniel Espeland – Why you should start eating mushrooms todayOct 09, 2018
Listen to it on your favorite podcast provider:
What the hell should we eat? It is like every second day a new article is being published saying something is bad for you. Well to counter that it turns out mushrooms could be something to add more to our diet. That is why I had Daniel Espeland who a biohacker and mushroom expert on the podcast. He is a food entrepreneur and now works on food innovation with www.frokost.dk which supplies several million meals a year to companies in Denmark and Holland. Daniel shares his vast knowledge about mushrooms in this episode and ends up sharing his top biohacking routines.
- Why Daniel got interested in mushrooms. 2:10
- Why you can get a headache from eating the Button mushroom uncooked. 6:30
- Where to get good mushrooms and which ones to eat. 8:28
- How to get the most out of mushrooms. 10:54
- What a fungus is. 12:13
- Why some mushrooms are so good. 13:25
- The mushroom that has close to 10 times the amount of antioxidants as the Acai berries. 16:00
- The mushroom that helps with epilepsy, migraine or after concussion. 20:00
- The mushroom for improving sleep. 21:47
- What mushrooms that are useful as powder, extracts and which ones you need fresh. 22:15
- Where to learn more about mushrooms. 26:13
- Daniels routine. 29:20
Links to selected resources:
Four Sigmatic: https://international.foursigmatic.com/
Interview with Paul Stamets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ
The book Mycelium Running: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/239395.Mycelium_Running
- Oyster mushroom
- Chaga mushroom
- Lion’s mane mushroom
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Maitake mushroom
- Turkey tail mushroom
- Reishi mushroom
Links to people mentioned:
- Paul Stamets: https://fungi.com/pages/about-us
- Ryan Holiday: https://ryanholiday.net/
- Mother Ocean: http://oceanwhitehawk.com/
If you just bought one mushroom then Daniel recommends:
- Oyster mushrooms
Connect with Daniel:
Get access to news and updates!
Join the mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.